Table of contents. Click to view
Since the growth of gold is noticeable to one degree or another every year, investors prefer to have in their portfolio a couple of assets tied to this precious metal. Recently, it is not the physical form of precious metals that has become widespread, since there is a lot of trouble with it, and OMS is a reliable investment option, and also combines many bonuses depending on the agreement with the bank and its structure. Consider, as an example, an impersonal metal account with Sberbank – exchange rate, profitability, and more.
What is CHI
OMS is not just an account with a particular number of precious metals. It differs from similar ones in the absence of any information about the sample and other similar information about the ingot. Without the presence of gold on hand, the investor can dispose of it as he pleases, concluding or terminating an agreement with the bank.
Roughly speaking, the presence of this account is equal to the client’s ownership of the precious metal. At the same time, there is no need to worry about the safety of gold, to treat it with care, so that there are no defects on it, etc., since it is not on hand. The presence of compulsory medical insurance will ensure the reliable safety of the client’s wealth. Also, relative to the price of physical gold, the exchange rate of the OMC is changing, the jumps in value occur as often as the jumps in the price of precious metal bars.
What metals can OMS be opened for?
Using the data for 2021, Sberbank is allowed to create OMS only for 4 precious metals:
- Gold. Jumps in its value cannot be predicted, but if you deal with it, then the risks are minimal. In this case, the smallest volume that can be deposited into the account is 0.1 grams. Today, the gold rate in Sberbank shows the following figures: sale – 4.511 thousand rubles, and purchase – 41.05 rubles.
- Silver. Less common among investors, but often referred to for comparison to gold. The minimum volume is 10 times that of gold and is equal to 1 gram. The OMS rate for silver is: purchase – 62.04 rubles, and sale – 66.90 rubles.
- Platinum. Its smallest size is 0.1 grams. Platinum fuses well with gold, although its cost is lower and it is the third most popular.
- Palladium. You can already guess what the minimum volume is. 0.1 grams. Palladium is the rarest of the listed metals. It is not used for counterfeiting gold, since when alloyed with it, the alloy changes color to white.
Features of OMS in Sberbank
OMS can be opened both at Rosselkhozbank and at Otkritie, but it is easiest to consider the features of this account if it is open in the well-known Sberbank. In Sberbank, the client, after opening an account, automatically becomes a depositor. He is given the right to choose the precious metal and its volume. It is better to think about this in advance, since this is a serious step. The first installment when opening a compulsory medical insurance is not high, so it is feasible for any citizen of the Russian Federation who is able to save.
OMC rates have not been set. The income from it depends only on the jumps in the cost of physical gold, and therefore on the OMS Sberbank itself. The more significant the growth was, the higher the investor’s profit will be. Even the bank’s online calculator cannot determine the exact income. You should go to the features of the compulsory medical insurance in Sberbank:
- The process of buying and selling between a bank and an investor is carried out on paper (more precisely, “in digital form”). You will not receive metal in your hands, so you will not have to spend money on its storage.
- Metals are purchased at the current exchange rate of the bank at the time of the conclusion of the agreement.
The creation of OMS is not suitable for speculators, but only for those investors who are going to do this business for a long period of time. The smallest period for which an account should be opened is 3 years. Also, OMS does not apply to similar accounts, and this is manifested in the fact that it is not protected by the deposit insurance system. In this situation, the word “Sberbank” should not mean reliability, since the rules are the same for everyone.
Precious metals quotes and potential profitability
As mentioned earlier, 2 precious metals are popular and always comparable: silver and gold. Sberbank clients prefer them. The growth of their value is stable, which provides investors with reliability in the bright future. Also, no matter how great option gold is, silver has been preferred more often lately. Below, in the pictures and captions to them, you can see the action of Sberbank’s online calculator in reality, as well as understand how investors use it to calculate the profitability of their investments.
So, according to the graph, it is noticeable that over the past year the profitability of investments in gold was more than 61%, but gold at the price “sank” by 5%. Sberbank customers can use this calculator 24/7 to track the dynamics of changes in the value of all 4 metals.
In order to be able to compare the importance of metals in the global economy, below is the rate of palladium in Sberbank on compulsory medical insurance at the time of this writing:
This publication provides an example of the work of the Sberbank calculator, but you can see the rate of metal deposits on the official website of any bank. It is advisable to do this on the site where you have created the OMS (or you plan to create it). Sberbank has become a leader in this business, since a number of services that it offers for investment are very convenient:
- potential profit calculator;
- current rate of precious metals, etc.
Also, most depositors open CHI for a period of more than 3 years, since if you close it earlier than the specified period, you will have to pay personal income tax on all profits received. In any case, after closing the account, you will need to submit an appropriate application to the tax office on the income received, but the amount of tax depends to a greater extent on the period of existence of the OMS.
How to open CHI
This service is available for citizens of the Russian Federation who are 18 years of age or older. Also, some parents or guardians, of their own free will or the prevailing circumstances, can open an account in the name of the child. In this case, the account holder will be able to dispose of it from the age of 14 with the written consent of the one who opened the CHI for him earlier, that is, the parent or guardian.
It is also possible to open an account online. This service has become popular due to self-isolation and coronavirus infection. To do this, you need to go to your personal account in Sberbank and:
- click on the section “Metal account”;
- fill out the proposed form and study the terms of the contract (before filling out the questionnaire, you need to decide on the precious metal and its volume);
- check the completed fields and confirm your decision.
Further, the funds in the specified amount will be debited from the specified account, and the corresponding mass of precious metal will be credited to the OMS.